Saturday, March 14, 2009

Questions on Cresswell textbook Ch.16

I followed the syllabus to read the Cresswell textbook Ch.16 " Narrative Research Design" and found something that I am not quite sure how to tackle.

On pg.526 "How do you Evaluate Narrative Research," the author mentioned some questions may be used to evaluate the narrative report. One of the questions is: "is there evidence that the researcher collaborated with the participant?"

My question is: how to demonstrate the evidence that the researcher collaborated with the participant?

All I can think of that can be the evidence of the collaboration is :
  1. the researcher directly mentions the collaboration in methodology section
  2. the combination of participant's quotes and researcher's interpretation in the section of result or discussion
However, I am not quite sure if my understanding is correct. Any thoughts?

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment